1) Take the time to become educated about the field of Building Science and discover how the laws of physics apply to how your building functions as a system. (https://homediagnosis.tv)
2) Seal up the places where air is coming into and leaving your building.
A Building Science Company, such as Energy Conservation Specialists (https://energyconservationspecialists.us), can help you make sure that the correct amount of air is coming into and leaving your building.
3) Upgrade your Attic Insulation. Many buildings have homes built at a time when fiberglass insulation was the only material available. Today it is often used in new construction when budgets are tight. However, insulation has come a LONG way and there are many other options that are more effective and budget-friendly. Some new insulation materials contain an organic pest repellent that deter rodents and insects.
4) Fix your Basement or Crawlspace. Check for signs of air movement where framing comes together and the foundation wall meets framing. Does the musty smell from under your home make its way into your living space? A Building Science Company, such as Energy Conservation Specialists, can help you understand and solve it.
5) Install Heat Pumps for heating, cooling, air purification and air drying. There are two types of heat pumps – ground source & air source – and your unique home, your needs and your budget determine what system will work best for you. Consult a Building Science Professional, such as Energy Conservation Specialists, for guidance.
6) Contact a Building Science Professional, such as Energy Conservation Specialists (https://energyconservationspecialists.us) to partner with you to improve the comfort, efficiency & air quality of your home.
For More Information, Contact: Energy Conservation Specialists Port Ewen, New York 12466 firstname.lastname@example.org 845-338-3864